The mission of Lauderdale Middle School is to provide inclusive high quality learning experiences that challenge students to master and go beyond grade-level curriculum and state mandated standards in order to prepare and enable them to be successful in their next learning experience.
Our vision is that Lauderdale Middle School will be a high performing educational institution that continually makes Adequate Yearly Progress mandates while meeting the needs of students in all subgroups.
1. All students can learn and be successful.
2. In high performing schools, teachers are highly qualified; teachers, students, and parents are held accountable for maximum achievement on all mandated assessments.
3. Students are actively engaged in the learning process through differentiated instructional practices, cooperative learning, and the use of technology.
4. High academic expectations in all endeavors are established for each student subgroup.
5. Initiatives are in place for students who need remediation or special accommodations.
6. Collaboration, communication, and mutual respect among students, teachers, parents, and community stakeholders are vital in promoting a high-performing learning culture.
7. Challenging and rigorous state curriculum standards and assessments are the cornerstones of research-bases and data-driven decisions.
8. The principal is the instructional leader in a high performing school but shared decision making processes are essential.
9. Teachers are involved in the selection of focused professional development.
10. Academic and behavioral successes are recognized and celebrated.
11. Student learning is supported by effective policies and procedures such as grading, assessment, attendance, promotion, and discipline.
12. Benchmarks are in place for frequent monitoring of teaching (instruction) and learning.